Associate of Applied Science in Business-Entrepreneurship Emphasis
The objective of the Business degree at LDS Business College is to meet your needs, whether you want to work in a small business or a large corporation, or start your own entrepreneurial venture. It offers you practical, hands-on, project-based coursework that optimizes your two-year investment and helps propel you into the workforce and a meaningful career. The degree is designed to be foundational and flexible. After the second semester, you may choose from either of the following emphases: Entrepreneurship, Management or Professional Sales.
Whether you’re serious about starting a business, need a viable work-from-home option, or want to transition from management into business ownership, you’ll find what you need at LDS Business College.
This experience-driven program gives you both foundational skills and the flexibility to specialize. Because LDS Business College is located in the central business district of Salt Lake City, you’ll have access to an amazing array of opportunities for business research and development. In fact, the College works closely with small, medium, and national companies to give you critical experience while you attend classes. Courses taught by faculty who have real-world experience on a new, high-tech campus make this the only two-year program of its kind in the state.
Instruction in the Entrepreneurship Emphasis includes:
- Basic principles of free enterprise
- Identifying and evaluating small business ideas through a step-by-step process
- Professional business writing and oral presentations
- Skills and practice in budgeting, forecasting, working capital requirements, investment analysis and decision making
- Financial accounting and transaction analysis and recording
- Business plan writing
- Hands-on marketing opportunities
- Information systems for business
- Launching a real business
- Articulate career preparation confidently using resumes, portfolios (if applicable) and interviews.
As part of the program, you will prepare a detailed business plan for launching and marketing the entrepreneurial venture. You’ll also gain the experience of incubating a small business.
What else is here for you?
- Small classes – Average class size is 24. That means more one-on-one time with the faculty.
- LDS environment – Your experience will include friends who share your goals and values.
- Affordable – Tuition is $1,490 per semester. About 70% of freshmen scholarship applicants receive awards. More than 50% of the College’s students qualify for federal financial aid.
- Degrees and Certificates – Graduating students can earn a two-year Associate of Applied Science degree in Business with Entrepreneurship Emphasis as well as a one-year Accounting or Professional Sales Certificate.
Upon completion of the program, successful graduates will be able to
- Confirm personal testimony in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Collaborate with others using interpersonal skills in an honest, ethical, and Christ-like manner.
- Communicate effectively using written and verbal presentation principles.
- Construct new knowledge using technology and information resource tools.
- Comprehend and think critically to solve problems.
- Cultivate a strong, professional work ethic and life-long learning opportunities.
- Drive profitability in new and existing ventures by applying effective management principles to people and processes.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills in developing short and long-range strategic plans and solving business challenges.
- Apply professional selling and marketing skills to contribute to bottom line success of all types of organizations and markets.
- Identify and evaluate business opportunities and utilize entrepreneurial skills learned to launch new ventures.
- Perform basic accounting functions and financial analysis of various business environments, including financial statements, ratios, working capital, debt management, etc.