Certificate in Voice over Internet Protocol
Students train as network administrators and develop skills to install, maintain, and troubleshoot networking and VoIP hardware and software for telephone systems. Network administrators program Cisco phones to function as part of a computer network. The VoIP technology is an integral part of companies such as Comcast Digital Voice and Vonage. Students learn transmission technology for voice communication including web calling, voice and video instant messaging, and web conferencing. Employees are in demand as companies look to cut labor costs or move to video over live conferencing applications.
Students training in the VoIP program can find jobs as a network administrator, VoIP administrator, or in desktop support. Salaries vary.
Upon completion of the program, successful graduates will be able to
- Confirm personal testimony in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Collaborate with others using interpersonal skills in an honest, ethical, and Christ-like manner.
- Communicate effectively using written and verbal presentation principles.
- Construct new knowledge using technology and information resource tools.
- Comprehend and think critically to solve problems.
- Cultivate a strong, professional work ethic and life-long learning opportunities.
- Design, set up, and maintain a phone system using Internet protocol (VoIP)
- Design, set up and maintain the wiring, switches, and other units for organization networks.
- Articulate career preparation confidently using resumes, portfolios (if applicable) and interviews.