Applying from Abroad
How to receive your I-20 when applying from out of the U.S.A.
NOTE: All documents must be in English – and sent to CES admissions.
- Complete the following parts of the application form online at www.besmart.com :
- Part 1: Student Information.
- Part 2: School Selection.
- Part 3: Student Commitment (print instructions off the Internet at www.besmart.com If LDS, the commitment must be signed by your bishop and stake president or mission president. If you are a member of another faith, it must be signed by an LDS bishop.
- Part 4: Seminary/Institute Recommendation. If you have already completed high school, you can self-report this information. Waived for current LDS missionaries and non-LDS applicants.
- Part 5: High School Information.
- Part 6: Extracurricular Activities.
- Part 7: Student Essays.
- Part 8: International Student Information and affidavit of support (print off the Internet at www.besmart.com). Should show at least $12,500 for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and $15,400 for others plus $2,000 per dependent. (Part 8b of application is only for students with sponsors.) For students with sponsors, the sponsor must fill out Part 8b of the application (Affidavit of Support). The sponsor must also provide a bank statement (see Part 8c of application).
All applicants who have attended international schools will need to arrange for their academic documents to be evaluated by one of the following international transcript evaluation agencies: International Education Research Foundation (IERF) www.ierf.org or World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org.
If you choose IERF, the required type of evaluation report is "Detail Report" for both high school (secondary education) and college/university documents. If you choose WES, the required type of evaluation report for high school (secondary education) documents is "DxD", and the required type of evaluation report for college or university documents is "CxC". Choosing alternate evaluations may result in additional fees and a delay in the assessment. We suggest that you arrange for your academic documents to be submitted to IERF or WES 4-6 weeks before our admission application deadline in order to allow enough time for the company to submit the evaluation to CES.
- Internet-based TOEFL with subscores of 17 in reading, 17 in writing, 16 in speaking and 16 in listening.
- Paper TOEFL with sub-scores no lower than 55.
- Michigan MELAB test with sub-scores no lower than 73 including the speaking portion.
- Pearson test with sub-scores no lower than 49.
- IELTS test with a 6.0 in writing and speaking and a 6.5 in reading.
Deadline are as follows: July 31 for Fall Semester, November 15 for Winter Semester, and March 31 for Summer Semester. For questions, please e-mail email@example.com The College's mailing address is:
95 North 300 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101-3500