Campus Security Policy
The LDS Business College is committed to fostering a safe and secure environment for everyone on the LDSBC campus—student or otherwise. To that end, this page provides the following:
- A brief summary of security policies on the LDSBC campus
- Contact information for reporting incidents or suspicious persons/situations
- A link to a comprehensive report on campus security (which includes the full security policy and lists some on-campus resources)
Please join us in promoting campus security by taking the time to review and make use of these resources and areas of information.
Security Policy Overview
The policies and information provided here can be a valuable resource to you, but as in any other location, good personal safety habits are essential to your safety.
- Remain alert to your surroundings.
- Do not put yourself at risk by walking alone, particularly at night or in less-traveled areas.
- Utilize public transportation, travel with friends you know well, and keep others informed of your whereabouts.
- Promptly report suspicious incidents, activities, or persons to the police or to the Church Security Department (CSD).
For emergency, on-campus incidents the CSD is available at all hours of every day by dialing:
- From any telephone: (801) 240-2771
- From any LDS Business College campus telephone: 2-2771
For non-emergency, on-campus situations the CSD may be contacted by dialing:
- From any telephone: (801) 240-2661
- From any LDS Business College campus telephone: 2-2661
These will connect the caller directly to the CSD Global Security Operations Center. The dispatcher is able to deploy whatever resources the caller may require, including police and Emergency Medical Technician services.
Crime or suspicious incidents occurring off-campus should be reported directly to the Salt Lake City Police Department (SLCPD) by dialing 911 (emergency) or (801) 799-3000 (non-emergency). Crimes reported to CSD will be relayed to the SLCPD which conducts criminal investigations.
Campus Security Report
Click on the following link to view the Campus Security Report , which will open the .pdf document in a new window or browser tab. (Please note that a program that can open Adobe Acrobat files is necessary to view this document.)