Skip to main content

F-1 Status extension for completion of course of work

  1. Student must have "continually maintained status".
  2. The delay of completion must have been provoked by a change of majors, medical conditions, etc.
The student should contact his/her Academic Advisor to assess how many credits and what specific courses are needed to graduate in order to determine an accurate expected graduation date. The student should notify the International Student Office of the need for a status extension.
F-1 extensions will be carefully examined. Extensions will be granted to those who will need extra time to finish their study program due to a change in major or to sickness. Students who have not made satisfactory academic progress are not eligible for an extension.