When are the scholarship deadlines?
- Departmental scholarships: Contact department
- Evening college scholarship: April 1, August 1 and December 1
- Freshman scholarship: March 1
- Hinckley scholarship: April 1, August 1 and December 1
- LeGrand Richards returned missionary scholarship: April 1, August 1 and December 1
- Need based scholarship (Application for financial assistance): April 1, August 1 and December 1
- Sophomore scholarship: April 1, August 1 and December 1
- Stella Harris Oaks Horizon of Hope scholarship: April 1, August 1 and December 1
How do I apply for scholarships?
For freshman scholarships, students who are admitted before March 1st will be automatically considered for the scholarship. Once you are admitted and enrolled full-time, you may applly for other LDS Business College Scholarship online through your myBC account. These instructions can help you to go through the process. Contact the appropriate department for information on departmental scholarships for second-year students.
Can I receive more than one scholarship at a time?
No, but we will grant the scholarship with the highest award level Exceptions are made for departmental scholarships and need-based awards.
Can I receive a scholarship as a part-time student?
Most awards are for full-time students.
If I don't receive a freshman scholarship, when am I eligible for new awards?
You may apply for a Sophomore or Hinckley scholarship once you have earned 28-30 semester hours, including transfer credits. At least 12 hours must be from LDSBC. If you serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you may apply for the LeGrand Richards returned missionary scholarship if you begin classes within a year of your honorable release. Second-year students in the accounting or entreprenuership programs may apply for departmental scholarships.
How long am I eligible for scholarships?
You may receive scholarships for up to five semesters.
Is my scholarship renewable?
Your award letter will specify the length of the scholarship. If your award is for more than one semester, it is automatically renewed as long as you continue to make satisfactory academic progress in accordance with your award letter.
Can I defer my scholarship?
Freshman scholarships may be deferred for missionary service, service in the armed forces, or other extreme cases deemed appropriate by the Scholarship Committee. Otherwise, you must use your award within the time specified in the award letter. If this is not an option, you can reapply for the award when you return.