How can I prepare for school?
What's on the agenda?
Monday, September 12th, 2016
|8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||
Get a head start on your Semester Prep checklist. Follow the suggestions for 'Making the Most of Orientation'.
Tuesday, September 13th, 2016
|7:45 a.m.||Check-in (@ Amphitheater)|
|8:15 a.m. - 9:20 a.m.||
Welcome to LDSBC
Meet the president, college personnel, and fellow students. Become aquainted with the unique mission and culture of LDS Business College.
|9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.||
Student Connect Session
White: Rm 301-303
Blue: Rm 501-504
Yellow: Rm 601-604
Green: Rm 701-704
|10:05 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||
Meet with your program directors and teachers.
|11:00 a.m. - 11:20 a.m.||Leave for Devotional|
Devotional (@ Assembly Hall on Temple Square)
Join the campus community to be enlightened, elevated, and ennobled at the site of our weekly devotionals.
|12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch (@ BC Cafe Courtyard)|
|1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.||
Finish your Semester Prep checklist, visit your program directors, and 'make the most of your orientation'.
Where should I park?
You can access the LDSBC Parking Garage from either 400 North or South Temple.
LET THE PARKING ATTENDANT KNOW YOU ARE A NEW STUDENT.
Where do I check in?
Check in at the amphitheater.
How can I make the most of orientation?
The purpose of Orientation at LDS Business College is to ORIENT, CONNECT, and PREPARE. Take a moment to review these ideas and make a plan to make the most of your orientation experience.
- Make sure you attend Tuesday’s devotional, which was planned just for you!
- Visit the institute and ask them for ideas about how to grow spiritually at the College.
- Take a tour of the College during “semester prep” and look for symbolism meaningful to you.
- Write in your journal about the Spirit you felt during orientation.
- Even if you’re shy, take the initiative to meet at least a few new people—don’t wait for them to come to you!
- Make sure you meet your program chair—shake their hand during program breakouts or visit them during “semester prep.”
- Carry a prayer in your heart to help you better understand why heaven has brought you here.
- Make sure to accomplish as many items on the “semester prep” checklist you can, even those you don’t “have to” do.
- Get a copy of your class schedule and walk the halls as though you were going to your classes. Ask your teachers what you could do to be better prepared for the first day of class.
- Ask your program director or current students for their advice on how you can be successful this semester. Take notes…and review them!
- As you go through the various parts of orientation, ask yourself, “What more should I do to be better prepared?” Record impressions and create a plan to act upon them.