If you're looking for the login form, it has been moved to the site header to make it more visible and easily accessible.
Database Administrators (DBAs) are critical to any organization, whether large or small. As the amount of data that companies collect and maintain continues to grow exponentially, the role of the DBA becomes critical to ensuring that data is accessible, confidential, and secure. Graduates will be able to design, implement and maintain databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. They may plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
Students in this program will develop complex problem solving skills, as well as critical thinking, monitoring or assessing performance of others or organizations to make corrective action. Skills you’ll acquire in the College’s Server Administrator Emphasis include the following:
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications
- Modify existing databases and database management systems
- Direct programmers and analysts to make changes
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information
- Train users and answer questions
All industries and organizations need DBAs. There is strong earning potential in this growth industry. The program offers a great foundational preparation for work in an expanding technology field.