A good education is invaluable, but that doesn't mean it needs to be high-priced. We offer one of America's best educational values, and students who qualify can receive scholarships and awards ranging from $300 to full tuition. The information below will give you a good overview of cost.
LDS Business College is an open admissions institution with application deadlines 10 days before each semester begins. There is a $35 application fee for all new students applying to the college. Students are welcome to begin any semester or session.
Students who wish to return to the College after an absence of more than one academic semester (not including Summer Session) must reapply. No additional application fees are charged. All application materials must be received 10 days before the semester begins.
Returning students who previously graduated from the College may be eligible for free tuition for one class. Check the Alumni Association for information about tuition privileges for LDS Business College graduates.
Home School Students
Home school, private school, charter school, and public school diplomas are only accepted from schools accredited with the following accrediting organizations:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Higher Education
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission of Higher Education
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCC)
- Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and College Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities
Students whose program is not accredited with one of the above organizations, will be required to submit one of the following for the academic portion for admission review:
- G.E.D. (more information at www.acenet.edu) All scores (sub-scores and sum score) must be passing to be eligible for admission to LDS Business College as a New Freshman or Transfer student with less than 24 credits.
- ACT. All sub-scores (English, Math, Reading, Science Reasoning) must be a 17 or higher. Scores lower than 17 do not meet our minimum requirement. Please note, use of the ACT test may or may not qualify you for financial aid. Please contact the Financial Aid office at 801-524-8111 for additional information.
Early College (formerly concurrent enrollment)
LDS Business College’s Early College program allows students currently attending a public or private high school to earn college credit and high school credit at the same time. Home school students are not eligible for the Early College Program. In order to apply, high school students must be at least 17 years of age and have maintained a 3.0 GPA or higher. They can take no more than 6 credits per semester. To apply, complete the application found at www.besmart.com and submit parts 1, 2, & 3. Also submit the Early College Form, with signatures from a parent and a high school counselor along with an official high school transcript.
The mission of LDS Business College focuses on providing students skills for work. Students seeking to earn General Education credits may obtain these credits from BYU-Idaho’s concurrent enrollment program. That information can be found at http://www.byui.edu/concurrent-enrollment.