If you're looking for the login form, it has been moved to the site header to make it more visible and easily accessible.
The objective of the Business degree at LDS Business College is to meet your needs, whether you want to work in a small business or a large corporation, or start your own entrepreneurial venture. It offers you practical, hands-on, project-based coursework that optimizes your two-year investment and helps propel you into the workforce and a meaningful career. The degree is designed to be foundational and flexible. After the second semester, you may choose from either of the following emphases: Entrepreneurship, Management, Project Management, Professional Sales, or Global Supply Chain & Operations
Professional Sales Emphasis
Successful selling requires hard work, persistence, and an understanding of fundamental skills. A strong educational foundation takes you further in the world of business-to-business sales. The College's Professional Sales program helps you understand:
- Relationship selling
- Longer cycle sales
- Corporate buying
- Sales management
In addition, you will gain specific skills to help with:
- Sales presentations
- Maintaining a relationship after the sale
- Building a clientele for repeat business
- Putting together an effective sales team
- Articulate career preparation confidently using resumes, portfolios (if applicable) and interviews.
Sales professionals can advance in their organizations, switch to related positions such as marketing, or become independent business owners.
This is an excellent quick entry into the job market with strong earning potential.
What else is here for you?
- Small classes – Average class size is 24. That means more one-on-one time with the faculty.
- LDS environment – Your experience will include friends who share your goals and values.
- Affordable – Tuition is $1,530 per semester. About 70% of freshmen scholarship applicants receive awards. More than 50% of the College’s students qualify for federal financial aid.
- Degrees & Certificates – Students can earn a two-year Associate of Applied Science degree in Business with a Management emphasis as well as a one-year Accounting or Professional Sales certificate.
Salaries for LDSBC graduates typically start at between $20,000 to $50,000 per year and increase depending on circumstances and the determination of the employee. Within three to five years, many can be earning higher salaries. This degree gives students the chance to immediately begin building their career. It also offers a viable way to pay for continued schooling.
Upon completion of the program, successful graduates will be able to:
- Confirm personal testimony in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Collaborate with others using interpersonal skills in an honest, ethical, and Christ-like manner.
- Communicate effectively using written and verbal presentation principles.
- Construct new knowledge using technology and information resource tools.
- Comprehend and think critically to solve problems.
- Cultivate a strong, professional work ethic and life-long learning opportunities.
- Use selling skills to contribute to the bottom line success of all types of organizations and markets.
- Source and qualify customers effectively.
- Identify customers’ needs.
- Present effective solutions to customers’ needs.
- Use negotiating skills to develop positive solutions in a selling environment.
- Articulate career preparation confidently using resumes and interviews.