BEGINNING WINTER SEMESTER OF 2014, THE ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS PROGRAM WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT NEW ENROLLMENTS. GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AS IN BUSINESS DEGREE MUST BE COMPLETED BY FALL SEMESTER 2016.
- Complete the pre-admission requirements for enrollment in a college of business at the university level. Many universities have a number of prerequisites for students in accounting, finance, or business which must be filled prior to being accepted into a college of business. Complete them at LDS Business College as part of your transfer degree.
- Fulfill your general education requirements and prepare for college transfer.
- Earn an accounting certificate that will increase job options as needed to finance your further education.
- Financial and managerial accounting and Quickbooks
- All general education requirements set by the state of Utah
- Economics, calculus, and statistics (pre-business requirements)
- Advanced business computer applications
- College writing and interpersonal communications
Students who complete an Associate of Science in Business degree will be eligible to apply to four-year colleges or universities in Utah to pursue degrees offered in those business schools. The two-year degree will provide students with the background required to continue and specialize in the business fields of accounting, finance, marketing, management, etc. Besides gaining basic business training, students will receive a certificate in accounting. This certificate and related training will increase job options as needed to finance further education. Students who complete the degree courses coupled with the general education requirements will gain a broader background that will make them more valued as a professional and will increase their earnings potential.
- Confirm personal testimony in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Collaborate with others using interpersonal skills in an honest, ethical, and Christ-like manner.
- Communicate effectively using written and verbal presentation principles.
- Construct new knowledge using technology and information resource tools.
- Comprehend and think critically to solve problems.
- Cultivate a strong, professional work ethic and life-long learning opportunities.
- Pursue additional business-related degrees (accounting, finance, management, marketing, etc).
- Use the core elements of a business bachelor's degree to contribute to a business enterprise.
- Analyze, interpret, and record basic business economic transactions.
- Apply basic concepts and method choices used in financial accounting.
- Perform basic operations in an accounting software environment.