If you're looking for the login form, it has been moved to the site header to make it more visible and easily accessible.
The Accounting Certificate qualifies you to fill entry-level positions in the accounting field. The combination of accounting, computer, and workplace skills provides a basis for growth. This certificate gives you business experience in the accounting field while you continue your education. You’ll gain an understanding of
- Basic financial transactions.
- Journal entries, financial statements, and subsidiary ledgers.
- Reconciliations and receivables.
- Chart of accounts.
- Automated general ledger.
People who are detail-oriented and orderly enjoy accounting work. Good interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain confidences also lead to success in this profession.
With this certificate, students are qualified to perform entry-level accounting duties required to maintain a computer-based accounting system. The composite of accounting, computer and workplace skills provides a base adaptable to most office settings. This practical approach is viewed favorably by prospective employers.
Upon completion of the program, successful graduates will be able to
- Confirm personal testimony in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Collaborate with others using interpersonal skills in an honest, ethical, and Christ-like manner.
- Communicate effectively using written and verbal presentation principles.
- Construct new knowledge using technology and information resource tools.
- Comprehend and think critically to solve problems.
- Cultivate a strong, professional work ethic and life-long learning opportunities.
- Analyze, interpret, and record business economic transactions in the accounting records of a business enterprise.
Conduct computerized accounting for a small business as the sole in-house accountant.
Perform entry level accounting procedures in any size business enterprise
Create, analyze and explain the results of operations as reflected in the financial statements of the business enterprise.
Perform basic accounting functions appropriate for the various legal forms of business
- Assist management in preparing and understanding financial ratio analysis, budgets, revenue and cost projections, capital asset management and investment evaluations.
- Articulate career preparation confidently using resumes and interviews.