With this certificate, graduates are qualified to provide Windows client support, systems security, and server administration functions in entry-level positions. These qualifications, combined with basic workplace skills, fill a need in many business settings. Students will also receive training to prepare them for the exams to become a Microsoft Certified System Administrator and to receive the COMP TIA Security+certification.
This certificate prepares students to certify in the area of Windows security and administration. Students gain skills to maintain the security of an organization's information system including installation of security software, monitoring networks for security breaches, and responding to security risks. The responsibilities of computer security specialists have increased in recent years as cyber attacks have become more sophisticated.
Graduates are prepared to accept positions in Windows client support, systems security and server administration functions at the entry level. Beginning employees in Utah earn around $13 per hour or $30.000, increasing to $22.24 at the national median. Job opportunities increase with business expansion.
Upon completion of the program, successful graduates will be able to
- Confirm personal testimony in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Collaborate with others using interpersonal skills in an honest, ethical, and Christ-like manner.
- Communicate effectively using written and verbal presentation principles.
- Construct new knowledge using technology and information resource tools.
- Comprehend and think critically to solve problems.
- Cultivate a strong, professional work ethic and life-long learning opportunities.
- Install and Configure Windows Servers and associated Services
- Install and configure Windows Workstations
- Design and articulate Best Practices in Network Design
- Design and model database relations
- Provide effective Executive-level presentations and documentation to convey complex technical designs.
- Troubleshoot and maintain corporate servers
- Articulate career preparation confidently using resumes and interviews.