New enrollments are no longer being accepted for the Digital Photography certificate.
For students already enrolled for this certificate, please see your academic advisor for information about completing your program.
This program is closed to new students. This certificate is designed to prepare you to work at entry-level positions within a business or as a freelance photographer. Students must have access to a digital camera with manual settings. All students in the digital photography program are required to have a digital camera with the following features:
- Minimum of 8-10 megapixel (MP)
- Must be Digital SLR (Single-lens reflex)
- Ability to manually focus the lens (no point and shoots/camera phones)
Completing this certificate will qualify you to work in the following areas of photography:
- Photo processing employee-reproduces, retouches, restores, manipulates or enlarges photos that someone else shoots.
- Commercial photographer-uses digital images in advertising, framed art, or the publishing industry.
- Portrait photographer-focuses on individual or group portraits in a business or home environment.
Upon completion of the program, successful graduates will be able to:
- Confirm personal testimony in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Collaborate with others using interpersonal skills in an honest, ethical, and Christ-like manner.
- Communicate effectively using written and verbal presentation principles.
- Construct new knowledge using technology and information resource tools.
- Comprehend and think critically to solve problems.
- Cultivate a strong, professional work ethic and life-long learning opportunities.
- Use Photoshop© software proficiently to manipulate and enhance photos.
- Produce quality photographs.
- Use a digital camera proficiently to shoot a wide variety of subjects.
- Interact with clients in a professional, competent manner.
- Articulate career preparation confidently using resumes, portfolios (if applicable) and interviews.