When are the scholarship deadlines?
- Departmental scholarships: Contact department
- Evening college scholarships: Two weeks before the semester starts
- Freshman scholarships: March 1
- Hinckley scholarship: April 1, August 1 and December 1
- LeGrand Richards returned missionary scholarships: April 1, August 1 and December 1
- Need based scholarships (Application for financial assistance): by tuition payment deadline for semester
- Sophomore scholarships: April 1, August 1 and December 1
- Stella Harris Oaks Horizon of Hope scholarships: May 1, August 1 and December 1
- Transfer scholarships: Last day of graduation semester
How do I apply for scholarships?
For freshman scholarships, check the appropriate box on the scholarship section of the on-line application and submit the required documents. You may print the applications available on this web site for review, but after March 1, 2012, you will apply for all awards on line. Contact the appropriate department for information on departmental scholarships for second-year students.
Can I receive more than one scholarship at a time?
No, but we will grant the scholarship with the highest award level Exceptions are made for departmental scholarships and needs-based awards.
Can I receive a scholarship as a part-time student?
Most awards are for full-time students.
If I don't receive a freshman scholarship, when am I eligible for new awards?
You may apply for a sophomore or Hinckley scholarship once you have earned 28 semester hours, including transfer credits. At least 12 hours must be from LDSBC. If you serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you may apply for the LeGrand Richards returned missionary scholarship in order to begin classes within a year of your honorable release. Second-year students in the accounting or business may apply for departmental scholarships.
How long am I eligible for scholarships?
You may receive scholarships for up to four semesters.
Is my scholarship renewable?
Your award letter will specify the length of the scholarship. If your award is for more than one semester, it is automatically renewed as long as you continue to make satisfactory academic progress.
Can I defer my scholarship?
Freshman and sophomore scholarships may be deferred for missionary service, service in the armed forces, or other extreme cases deemed appropriate by the Scholarship Committee. Otherwise, you must use your award within the time specified in the award letter.