To be considered for admission, students must:
- Submit completed and signed Admission Application Parts 1 through 7 (available online at www.besmart.com).
- Complete Student Commitment and Confidential Report (Part 3).
- If LDS, interview with your bishop and stake president and submit Part 3 to them.
- If not LDS, interview with an LDS bishop and submit Part 3 to him. Note: an ecclesiastical endorsement must be completed each year before Fall Semester registration. Endorsements expire March 1st of each year.
- College transcripts (if transferring).
nonrefundable $35 application fee.
If applicable, submit the following:
- ACT results, if available.
- Evidence of English proficiency
if English is not your primary language. (Minimum internet TOEFL score of 66
with sub-scores of 17 in reading and writing, 16 in listening and speaking;
computer TOEFL score of 173 or higher with all sub-scores at least 17; or paper
TOEFL score of 550 or higher with all sub-scores at least 55; or an official
Michigan test which includes a writing section with a total score of 80 or
higher with subscores at least 78 and a speaking score at least
These exceptions may apply:
- Applicants who are high school graduates who have not attended Seminary/Institute within the past year may self-report Sections 1 and 2 of Part 4 and return the form.
- Part 5 is waived for students who have already graduated from high school.
- All non-native speakers must provide evidence of English proficiency. Evidence of English proficiency may include three successful years of grade
level English (not ESL) in a U.S. high school or successful completion of
English 1010 at the college level. Contact the admissions
office to see whether a TOEFL or Michigan test will still be required if
you meet one of these conditions.