If you're looking for the login form, it has been moved to the site header to make it more visible and easily accessible.
Anticipating marriage in the coming school year?
- Your eligibility for free federal Pell Grants and Subsidized Stafford Loans depends in large measure on how much financial need the FAFSA says you have.
- Students who are independent, according to the FAFSA definition, do not report parental income on the FAFSA. Therefore, independent students frequently, but not always, appear to have more financial need and may be more likely to be eligible for grants and subsidized loans. (To determine your FAFSA dependency status, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov, login, and select "Determine Your Dependency Status".)
- If you are currently dependent and will become independent after your anticipated marriage in the coming school year, we recommend that you carefully consider whether or not you should wait to file your FAFSA until after you are married.
- To help you determine whether you should apply before or after your wedding, go to Step B at http://www.fafsa4caster.ed.gov. Supply the data first as if you are single, then as if you are married. Compare the estimated eligibility. Remember, the results of this exercise are simply estimates and do not constitute an application for aid. You will still be required to submit the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov in order to be considered for federal aid programs. If you wish to discuss your situation in more detail, please call 801-524-8111.
All students who wish to update their marital status will need to go through the verification process. Please be prepared to give the following information to the financial aid office:
- Complete & Submit the Independent Verification Form
- Submit an IRS tax transcript for both you and your spouse. (Using the IRS data retrieval on the FAFSA is not considered acceptable documentation for this specific type of verification. This tax transcript can be picked up by visiting the Internal Revenue Service [IRS]).
- Submit a copy of your marriage/wedding certificate