If you're looking for the login form, it has been moved to the site header to make it more visible and easily accessible.


Marriage and Federal Financial Aid

Anticipating marriage in the coming school year?

Beginning with the 2012-13 school year, students now have the ability to change their marital status on the FAFSA if your marital status changes before April 11, 2013. We strongly advise you to consider your options carefully before filing your FAFSA or making any changes. If you have any questions, please contact us by calling 801-524-8111.
If you anticipate marriage between now and the end of the coming school year, consider the following points before submitting your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
  1. Your eligibility for free federal Pell Grants and Subsidized Stafford Loans depends in large measure on how much financial need the FAFSA says you have.
  2. Students who are independent, according to the FAFSA definition, do not report parental income on the FAFSA. Therefore, independent students frequently, but not always, appear to have more financial need and may be more likely to be eligible for grants and subsidized loans. (To determine your FAFSA dependency status, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov, login, and select "Determine Your Dependency Status".)
  3. If you are currently dependent and will become independent after your anticipated marriage in the coming school year, we recommend that you carefully consider whether or not you should wait to file your FAFSA until after you are married.
  4. To help you determine whether you should apply before or after your wedding, go to Step B at http://www.fafsa4caster.ed.gov. Supply the data first as if you are single, then as if you are married. Compare the estimated eligibility. Remember, the results of this exercise are simply estimates and do not constitute an application for aid. You will still be required to submit the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov in order to be considered for federal aid programs. If you wish to discuss your situation in more detail, please call 801-524-8111.

All students who wish to update their marital status will need to go through the verification process. Please be prepared to give the following information to the financial aid office:

  1. Complete & Submit the Independent Verification Form
  2. Submit an IRS tax transcript for both you and your spouse. (Using the IRS data retrieval on the FAFSA is not considered acceptable documentation for this specific type of verification. This tax transcript can be picked up by visiting the Internal Revenue Service [IRS]). 
  3. Submit a copy of your marriage/wedding certificate

LDS Business College (LDSBC) is located in downtown Salt Lake City, three blocks west of Temple Square.

Our complete mailing address is:

LDS Business College
95 North 300 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101-3500

Need directions on how to get here from where you are? They're just a click away.

You can submit questions or offer feedback via our online form, or make a call to one of the departments listed below (a more complete phone list is also available).

Admissions: 801-524-8145

Bookstore: 801-524-8130

Cashiers Office: 801-524-8153

Helpdesk: 801-524-8119

Registration: 801-524-8140

Regular Building Hours

6:00 am – 7:00 pm
Tuesday – Friday
6:00 am – 10:00 pm
10:00 am – 5:00 pm

Hours for specific College services, and exceptions to the building hours (holidays, semester breaks, special events, etc), are available here.