How to receive your I-20 When you need to Change Status to F-1
NOTE: All documents must be in English – and sent to CES admissions.
Complete the following parts of the application form online at www.besmart.com :
- Part 1: Student Information
- Part 2: School Selection.
- Part 3: Student Commitment (print off the Internet at www.besmart.com If LDS, the commitment must be signed by your bishop and stake president or mission president. If you are a member of another faith, it must be signed by an LDS bishop.
- Part 4: Seminary/Institute Recommendation. If you have already completed high school, you can self-report this information. Waived for current LDS missionaries and non-LDS applicants.
- Part 5: High school information.
- Part 6: Extracurricular Activities.
- Part 7: Student Essays.
- Part 8: International Student Information and affidavit of support (print off the Internet at www.besmart.com). Should show at least $12,500 for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and $15,400 for others plus $2,000 per dependent. (Part 8b of application is only for students with sponsors.) For students with sponsors, the sponsor must fill out Part 8b of the application (Affidavit of Support). The sponsor must also provide a bank statement (see Part 8c of application).
- If applying for the Returned Missionary Service Scholarship, submit a copy of the release certificate from your mission.
- If you are applying to the Interior Design program, submit a colorboard.
Submit proof of high school graduation (diploma /transcripts) or the equivalent in English.
All applicants who have attended international schools will need to arrange for their academic documents to be evaluated by one of the following international transcript evaluation agencies: International Education Research Foundation (IERF) www.ierf.org or World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org.If you choose IERF, the required type of evaluation report is "Detail Report" for both high school (secondary education) and college/university documents. If you choose WES, the required type of evaluation report for high school (secondary education) documents is "DxD", and the required type of evaluation report for college or university documents is "CxC". Choosing alternate evaluations may result in additional fees and a delay in the assessment. We suggest that you arrange for your academic documents to be submitted to IERF or WES 4-6 weeks before our admission application deadline in order to allow enough time for the company to submit the evaluation to CES.
- Pay $35 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit financial deposit equal to three semester of full-time tuition (refundable). You can pay either over the phone with a credit card (801) 524-8153 or by sending a check made out to LDS Business College.
All students whose primary language is not English must provide one of the following:
- Internet-based TOEFL with subscores of 17 in reading, 17 in reading, 17 in writing, 16 in speaking and 16 in listening.
- Paper TOEFL with sub-scores no lower than 55.
- Michigan MELAB with sub-scores no lower than 73 including the speaking portion.
- Pearson test with following subscores: Reading 47, Writing 47, Listening 45, Speaking 45
- IELTS test with a 6.0 composite score and the following subscores: Reading 6.0, Listening 6.0, Speaking 5.5, Writing 5.0
Forms to be submitted to immigration (if you currently are a missionary please do this through the Church Missionary Department as there are special regulations):
- BCIS Form I-539, Application to extend/change immigration status
- BCIS Form I-134, Affidavit of support (only if student has a sponsor) which must be NOTORIZED
- Check or money order for $300 USD payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Forms can be retrieved from this website: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
95 North 300 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101-3500