1. Dress professionally, as you would for a business job interview.
for photos of professional vs. unprofessional dress for women
for photos of professional vs. unprofessional dress for men
for additional guidelines, videos, and illustrations of professional vs. unprofessional dress.
2. Behave as you would for a business job interview.
- Arrive on time to each session and sit as close to the front as you can.
- Stay for the entire session.
- Bring a pen and notebook so you can take notes.
- Turn all electronic devices off completely and keep them out of sight.
- Avoid talking with your friends/neighbors during the session.
the things listed above sends a message to the presenter that you are
interested in what they have to say and that you are professional,
teachable, and competent. On the other hand, sitting in the back while
leaving seats open in the front, talking to neighbors, texting,
fidgeting, failing to listen, etc. sends the messages of apathy,
unprofessionalism, and self-consciousness.
3. Prepare sufficiently.
Study the conference schedule to decide in advance what sessions you will want and need to attend.
The events listed below all require you to prepare
ahead of time. To maximize your learning during this event and show
respect for the time that the presenter is investing in you, please
check the conference schedule
to know how to adequately prepare.
Sessions That Require Preparation:
(1) Resume Gallery
(2) Cover Letter and Thank You Note Gallery
(3) Elevator Statements that Get You to the Top
(4) Image Management: Impact & Integrity through Positive Self-Presentation