1. Dress professionally, as you would for a business job interview.
Click here for photos of professional vs. unprofessional dress for womenClick here for photos of professional vs. unprofessional dress for menClick here for additional guidelines, videos, and illustrations of professional vs. unprofessional dress.
2. Behave as you would for a business job interview.
- Arrive on time to each session and sit as close to the front as you can.
- Stay for the entire session.
- Bring a pen and notebook so you can take notes.
- Turn all electronic devices off completely and keep them out of sight.
- Avoid talking with your friends/neighbors during the session.
3. Prepare sufficiently.
Study the conference schedule to decide in advance what sessions you will want and need to attend.
The events listed below all require you to prepare ahead of time. To maximize your learning during this event and show respect for the time that the presenter is investing in you, please check the conference schedule to know how to adequately prepare.
Sessions That Require Preparation:
(1) Resume Gallery
(2) Cover Letter and Thank You Note Gallery
(3) Elevator Statements that Get You to the Top
(4) Image Management: Impact & Integrity through Positive Self-Presentation