Make the Most of Your Scholarship
Reaching your full academic potential can be a struggle if you don’t have the means to pay for college. That’s why LDS Business College provides abundant scholarship opportunities for students in a variety of situations.
If you have been awarded an LDSBC scholarship, please review and abide by the important policies below.
LDS Business College scholarship recipients are expected to abide by the LDSBC Scholarship Policies.
- In order to maintain eligibility for scholarships, students must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Complete at least 67% of registered classes.
- Finish their degree/program within 150% of the published time.
- If students do not meet these three minimum standards, they will not be eligible to receive a scholarship. Students may appeal this disqualification if they experienced extenuating circumstances. After the appeal is submitted, including any supporting documentation, a committee will make the final decision for continued eligibility.
- If a student receives a scholarship that requires 12 credits that has disbursed, and subsequently drops below 12 credits before the add/drop deadline, students will be placed on scholarship probation and this prevents them from receiving a scholarship in the next semester they attend at LDSBC.
- Students who are on scholarship probation from previous semesters will not be eligible to receive a scholarship for the next semester they attend.
- The student may use the scholarship award as indicated in the student’s scholarship letter. An academic year begins with the Fall semester and ends with the Spring semester. Specific amounts are assigned to each semester and may not be exceeded.
- Outside agency scholarships may be used in the same semester as an LDS Business College award.
- Program Excellence, Service & Leadership, and LDSBC Hope Scholarships are the only scholarships that can be combined with other LDSBC scholarships so as not to exceed tuition charges. Pathway Scholarship recipients will not be eligible for any other scholarship except for the Program Excellence and Service & Leadership.
- Students must adhere to all policies and standards of LDS Business College and remain in good academic standing.
- Students may defer scholarships for military service. All other scholarships must be used in the semester offered and may not be deferred.
- Students must submit a thank you letter before scholarships will disburse and a checklist will be posted to the student’s “To Do List” until the letter has been received.
- Single parent scholarship recipients are encouraged to meet with their academic adviser each semester – as needed.
- Students who are graduating with an AS or AAS degree and have been awarded the Academic Merit Scholarship may be eligible for a last semester exception if they are taking less than 12 credits. The Registrar’s Office and the Financial Aid Office will review each request for verification/accuracy. If your application is approved, your scholarship award will be prorated to the number of credits that are required for you to graduate.
- When scholarships are awarded, the GPA used will be the cumulative GPA on record the day of awarding.
- Students may not deviate from established scholarship policies except when granted by the Scholarship Committee through an appeals process.
Still have questions about Scholarships?
Talk to us in the Scholarship Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 524-8111.