Make the Most of Your Scholarship
Reaching your full academic potential can be a struggle if you don’t have the means to pay for college. That’s why LDS Business College provides abundant scholarship opportunities for students in a variety of situations.
If you have been awarded an LDSBC scholarship, please review and abide by the important policies below.
General Scholarship Policies
- The student may use the scholarship award as indicated in the student's scholarship letter. An academic year begins with Fall Semester and ends with Summer Semester. Specific amounts are assigned to each semester and may not be exceeded.
- The student must be registered for and complete a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester. That total may not include any hours of audited courses and/or non-credit courses. Students who fail to complete 12 credit hours will be placed on scholarship probation for the next semester they attend.
- Students may use LDS Business College funded scholarships for no more than five semesters throughout their academic programs.
- Students may use only one LDS Business College scholarship per semester. Departmental scholarships may be used the same semester as other awards. Need-based scholarships may be combined with other awards. Evening scholarships cannot be combined with any other LDSBC scholarship. Outside agency scholarships may be used in the same semester as an LDS Business College award.
- Students must adhere to all policies and standards of LDS Business College and remain in good academic standing. Students with two semester awards whose grade point average falls below 3.0 will automatically lose their scholarship privilege. A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA is required to receive any LDSBC scholarship.
- Students may defer specific scholarships for missionary or military service. If students would like to have their scholarship deferred they will need to contact the scholarship office at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only select scholarships may be deferred.
- Students may not deviate from established scholarship policies except when granted by the Scholarship Committee through an appeals process.
- Students must submit a thank you letter before scholarships will disburse and a checklist will be posted to the student's "To do list" until the letter has been received.
Still have questions about Scholarships?
Talk to us in the Scholarship Office at email@example.com or (801) 524-8111.