If a course is full and a student would like to be placed on the waitlist, students have the option to be added to a waitlist queue. Students can utilize the waitlist process in their course registration process in MyBC. If an open seat becomes available in the course, the next student in the queue will be enrolled. Students will be emailed a confirmation when they are added to the course from the waitlist.
All registration errors and holds must be resolved in order for the student to be moved from the waitlist into a course when an opening in the course becomes available.
A student will not be enrolled in a course from the waitlist if there are any registration errors. Common registration errors are as follows:
- The student is already registered for another section of that class
- There is a hold on the student's account
- The waitlist class has a time conflict with another class on the student’s schedule
- The student has not met the prerequisites for this class
- The course will put the student an overload status for the semester (cannot exceed 18 credits in a semester)
- The course requires the instructor's permission or other requirements